From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2008 22:18:57 -0400
Dean,
We have gone over this stuff a hundred times, we all know what the old
arguments are and what they are based upon. What I have provided is
independent corroboration that 5.0 mm cells are too small, that A. I . Root
knew this, that the established average size for European bees was and is
5.2 to 5.3 mm and that 4.9 is appropriate for African bees.

Ironically, I found this article while looking for something else. I was
looking through an old volume of the South African Bee Journal for an
article written by Warwick Kerr where he gives his side of the whole Brazil
debacle. Interesting reading. He even gives advice on how to live with this
monster which he, in a sense, created.

pb