From:
Lennard Pisa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 2008 22:29:45 +0000
I think there is a big chance that we are selecting for a more "bee friendly" mite (or virus if you believe in that) if we breed for tolerance in isolated local stock. If I have to bet I say that mites adapt faster to bees than bees to mites.

The big test for anyone who claims to have Varroa tolerant bees is to inoculate with strange Varroa and see what happens.