From:
Charles Knecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 1995 17:08:37 -0500
Dear bee list,

I have been but a lowly net-lurker, and don't even raise bees, but I
thought I might suggest a couple chemicals for mites.

In our fruit-fly laboratory we sometimes get mite infestations. I have seen
at least two species, and others may also attack the flies. Doubtless these
are not verroa, but they are mites anyway.

1.  Lindane-treated paper will kill mites that walk accross it. Lindane is
123456-hexachlorocyclohexane, or C6H6Cl6.

2.  benzyl-benzoate (one part in 5 parts isopropanol) can be used to treat
work surfaces. formula C14H12O2.

Maybe someone would be interested in this information.