From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2007 14:22:46 -0700
 Hi All,

This is an OPINION from a friend who has been in Washington talking to
senate staffers:

"No way do legislators on the hill understand how hard a job it is to be
beekeeper, to provide
  pollination services, and the challenges inside and outside the industry
to keeping bees healthy.. no way.
 Iif the industry spent some time educating them, we would have all support
we wanted..

  "Fyi, [a senate leader important for our funding] actually thought it was
possible that cell phones and Africanized bees were
  causing CCD because that is what has been in the papers.. "

Again, it seems to me that we could sure use some effective lobbying on our
behalf in D.C.

Randy Oliver