From:
Malcolm Roe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 1995 16:16:30 +0100
Fabio Monaci asked:

> It seems to be a very swarmy (does this word exist in Englsh?) spring this
> year in Italy, some beekepers think they wiil made more bees than honey at
> the end of the season. Does happen the same thing in Europe? and in the
> world over?

In my area (SE England) swarming started in early May, at least a week
earlier than normal.  I wouldn't like to say there's been more but it's
certainly been earlier.  We had some unusually hot weather just before
it started.

BTW, you may remember my problems with bees in chimneys a few weeks ago,
including a swarm in one of the chimneys of my own house which I had to
kill.  Well, yesterday another swarm arrived!  In the same chimney.  (I'd
intended to put some mesh over the chimneys but thought I could leave it
until later in the summer when it would have been more convenient.)

--
Malcolm Roe                                Phone  :  +44 1442 345104
Crosfield Electronics Ltd                  Fax    :  +44 1442 343000