From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:22:20 -0500
> FOUND IN THE CCD SAMPLES;
>
> "Up to 17 pesticides /sample were found,with five the average. All told
> there were 43 different pesticides found ,and at least 14 were
> systemic.They
> found 17  different pesticides in pollen."
An what is the norm? After reading all the things that are in a colony,
based on Jerry's research with land mines, are we looking at the typical
or the abnormal?

Also, what concentrations? The nice problem we have with today's
measuring systems is we can see things that never showed up when we were
in the ppm world. So are we really looking at a disaster or the norm?

We currently have a major Arsenic scare in a Maine town. They are
slightly above government standards and everyone is frightened to drink
the water. Problem is, it is the same Arsenic concentration they have
been drinking for the past 200 years with no ill effects, but the
threshold was changed a couple of years ago, so now what was fine and
caused no problems is unsafe.

Our bees may have been happily thriving with a load of unseen chemicals
for years, but, now that we can see into the ppb or even lower
thresholds, it is the EOTWAWKI (end of the world as we know it). But,
now days, everything is.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine