From:
25 Hives <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2013 19:18:57 -0700
"I figured it was a bunch of bull hokey"

It's like a lot of "treatments" that work until they don't, and their devoted followers and true believers who declare their hives "never looked better" with a disregard for requiring any supportive evidence.  Sometimes I wonder who's serving the Kool-aid.

To me, there's a lot of "faith-based" beekeeping going on, and if it works for you, more power to you.  But if you come on too strong, don't berate me for being a skeptic.  I think we're all desperately searching for that holy grail filled with silver bullets and magic beans...either that, or a time machine to take us back to the pre-varroa days when phones hung on the wall and had those round things with the holes for your fingers.

I'm still kind of stuck on the idea of raising my own queens from my locally adapted stock, a little formic to suppress the mites and yards with floral diversity...and a stomach for some inevitable losses. Again, just my two cents.

Grant
Jackson, MO