From:
Garry Libby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:56:32 -0400
Bill Truesdale wrote:
"......I note that it has done nothing when it comes to ragweed and me."

Bill, wouldn't the honey have to have ragweed pollen in it to help set up
the bodies antibodies to prevent allergic reaction? Do bees visit ragweed? I
think the people that aren't helped are the ones allergic to pollen that
honeybees don't collect, wouldn't that be a reasonable explanation?
The medical doctors that I am treated by are not too familiar with products
or treatments from bees. One doctor was not very impressed when I showed Her
the results of treating a burn on My arm using only honey as a salve, there
is almost no scarring at all. I guess if They were not taught it in medical
school then it doesn't interest them.

Garry Libby
Attleboro, Massachusetts, USA

---