From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 09:57:59 -0000
Hi All

On a slightly different track...In a recent post from Peter Borst...
He said...

"The melted wax then went into a large agitator tank where we added
activated charcoal, diatomateous earth, and powdered clay. This slurry was
pumped through a commercial filter press (layers of paper between aluminum
plates) which removed the powders along with most impurities, such as
propolis."

What is diatomateous earth? Has anyone tried Bentonite wine finings for
purifying wax? I will try this when I can get some Wyoming Bentonite powder.
How long was the agitation?

Best Regards, Dave Cushman
G8MZY
Email: [log in to unmask]