From:
Paul Hosticka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2017 16:39:19 -0400
Thanks All,

Randy, Alas I did the OAV on all, not smart, now I realize especially since my results were less than I expected. More on that soon. Next year I'll do a side by side with my old reliable formic mite wipes.

As of this morning no colony has an unusual number of dead bees out front. All feeders came off 2 to 5 days ago. Winter comes down like a hammer hereabout and the hammer is coming down hard but we have a good forecast for the weekend so tomorrow I am going to put some fresh feed on some unfed colonies and some previously fed colonies and some of the old feed on a couple of each also. The 2 unfed colonies that showed sign have not deteriorated further. I'll put fresh feed on one of them. I sent samples to WSU yesterday but in the past have not gotten results for some weeks.

For a completely off the wall idea. After reading the thread on post fire BMP it occurred to me that we experienced a prolonged period (most of July and Aug.) of intense smoke and heat here in SE WA. Unhealthy air don't go outside they advised. I had work to do but did not breath while doing it, :). I don't know if the bees did the same. Don't know if this is just a joke or not.

Paul Hosticka
Dayton WA