From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 22:21:09 -0500
>> Was this effort a success, or a DNF?

> Actually, Allen, I never called Miller.

<snip>

...many are halfway down now, unless they stopped.

<snip>

Halfway down would be what?  5.3, 5.2, 5.0, or ?

> I have very verbally over the years said we lived with the bees okay, just
> didn't get production.

I'm not clear on exactly what you are saying here, Dee.  Am I correct in
reading this as referring to your operation, and that you managed to keep
bees alive, but did not get production?  If not, please clarify.

> But in saying this, if one is migratory and the production of honey etc is
> not a problem for consideration... for pollenation fees negate that out,
> then hives that live with the first step down might have kept many
> there..........for there is income in pollenation!

So, if I read you right, people have gone to 5.2 or 5.25 (or ?) and been
happy with the results, and not felt a need to go further?

> So why don't you simply call and ask him?

Well, I did not make the claim that this article demonstrated something it
does not seem to.  I simply read the article and tried to see what was
supposed to be there.  Then I mentioned that, as far as I could see, any
proof of the point in question was entirely missing. Further, I think I can
safely guess the answer without bothering the poor guy.

He gave up, is my guess, and I'll bet most others reading this would guess
the same.  Am I wrong?

allen