From:
Metro Propolis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2012 09:12:07 -0700
"Varroacides and their residues in bee products"
http://www.culturaapicola.com.ar/apuntes/revistaselectronicas/apidologie/30-2/12.pdf

"Within the group of fat-soluble active ingredients, there are varroacides whose concentration can decrease in beeswax. This decrease is because they contain semivolatile ingredients such as essential oils (e.g. thymol, wintergreen oil), and other substances, which can decay into metabolites (e.g. amitraz). During the application of the treatment, only some of the semi-volatile ingredients attach to the wax, while a majority evaporates because of the temperature of the hive [25]."
My own experience bears this out.    Despite significantly overdosing my hives with Thymol last fall, comb harvested this spring had no off taste whatsoever.

It was noxious to even be close to the hives.    Had the bees left to seek a better home,  I would have completely understood.    Surprisingly they stayed, and surprisingly they survived.    An Apilife Var application would be a fraction of the concentration my bees endured.

Karen, I suggest that the delay not be 30-days from supering, or be 30-days from harvest, but be 30-days from bottling.     Anytime before that, the thymol can continue to dissipate.

HTH, YMMV.