From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2006 17:14:29 EST

In a message dated 06/11/2006 11:39:17 GMT Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

This  year I haven't seen more than a few mites on boards, but do see
hives  affected by DWV in August. And yes, I do backup treatment with
oxalic later  to ensure there is no resistance to fluvalinate.

I'm not sure that this would necessarily have the effect you assume. Aren't
you just selecting for resistance to 2 chemicals rather than one if you
continue  to use fluvalinate annually?  I try to use it no more frequently than 1
year in 4 as part of IPM and I try to program it so the brood comb exposed to
it  is replaced the following spring.

Chris