From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2017 08:47:18 -0400
Hi all
We have addressed the question of whether beekeeping discussions should include philosophy and now morality. This is from the archives:

> Does anyone need a "philosophy" of any aspect of science?  ... philosophers don't get invited to the parties  ... Re: Lundgren on "Diverse Cropping Systems that Promote Beneficial Insects" Mon, 23 Nov 2015

Of course, there are moral and philosophical questions that need to be addressed in science as well as beekeeping. As we have seen, they are contentious and require deep reflection. Not the life of the party!

Meanwhile, spring has arrived in the northern hemisphere. A swarm in May is worth a load of hay: $140/ton for fair quality, $220/ton for premium hay (California).

PLB