From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2008 16:44:10 -0400
J. Waggle wrote:

> Once again, I believe we are seeing devastation from
> true CCD cases. I just do not believe that  ‘The
> number one symptom; ‘bees gone’ should be credited
> solely to CCD, as it seems to be the case nowadays.
> There are a plethora of things that can cause ’bees
> gone’.

Agree with Joe. Jerry B. continually reminds us of that.

If you go back in the archives, there are many posts about bees disappearing. Some interesting ones from about
1994 look just like CCD but were probably Varroa.

There is a lot at work with this whole inquiry. Remember, CCD is a symptom not a disease. Many beekeepers tend
to treat it as a disease. It is not.

We still do not really know all the ways bees react to different kinds of organisms/pathogens. There may be one
or a combination of things that cause the symptoms. They may be new or they might have been with us for years.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine