Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2014 09:56:21 -0400
>I don't think that any hive would have some many guards, so the bees on the
>front of the hive would simply be hot, and the hive needing more
>ventilation.
thanks for the reply.

definitely not needing more ventilation, none are fanning, all are above and around the entrance greeting all incoming workers. Plus we are still in the polar vortex from the winter, night time temps on a warm night are in the low 50's, day temps are getting into the middle 70's when its not raining. nice for sleeping not so much for honey production.

>Sample fresh dead or dying bees and send them down to USDA Gastonia priority
>mail.
>Not cheap, but a very complete pesticide screening is done.

I have though about this, should I send the ones on the ground, the ones still in the frames that are dead, or the ones that are staggering around?

I'm more leaning toward acute bee paralysis, when I was looking at the symptoms they seem to fit especially where the bees seem to get darker, its an obvious change you can watch and they start to slow down, shiver, start dragging there rear legs and then just keel over and die.  Since they say acute bee paralysis can be vertical from the queen, If I can find an extra queen I may try to requeen it?