From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2017 18:51:08 -0400
Last June Charles wrote the same thing:
> Using Queen cells put in the day of hatch this year we got right at 85% "old queen" replacement.  The cells were put in above the brood nest and did a very good job of hunting down and dispatching the old queens. Only about 5% went queenless so about 10% of the time the old queen won the battle.

He insisted then that "science and experiments" (his words) can't find this stuff out. However, science and experiments usually come with data and methodology. Not just seat of the pants estimates about how "they were dark and now they are all yellow" or vice versa. The people who have actually observed closely say it seldom works. If the cells are free, it's a waste of time. If you are buying them, it's a waste of money, too.

PLB