Date:
Mon, 20 May 2013 10:27:10 -0400
> Someone told me that VanEnglesdorf found the honey-B-healthy unnessesary.

Bee Source has some posts about using  lemongrass essential oil and getting
good results for queen survival. HBH has lemongrass as one of its
ingredients.

The original paper noted that they did get queen kills without the HBH so
why not use it or LG since it is cheaper than a new queen.

I used the 65% formic pads over four applications last year and did lose a
queen, so I am all for one application of lesser strength and HBH to
hopefully save the queen.

Another interesting take away from this is that about 100 ml of about 50%
formic is used once compared to about 60ml (in two pads) of 65% used
several (3-5) times. My guess is becasue the fume board method actually
gives a larger quick dose of vapor than the longer term pads do. More like
the one time mite-away strips compared to the older pad method.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine