From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2007 23:14:42 -0500
> I submit that 5 minutes isn't long enough to get any story out, let alone
one as complex as Colony Collapse.

Complex?

Try this five minute version!

The short version is there is no cure for virus. Period! Only useless
documentation which most beekeepers never read. I am very knowledgeable on
the worlds virus research but can't find beekeepers to talk about virus
research with as most know nothing about the research.

I have for years followed the work of Bailey and others with always the same
unsolvable conclusion. I would venture to say virus researchers realize what
I am saying but still want to  spend precious beekeeping research funds on
further virus research.In fact many (myself) simply believe IAPV is simply a
form of KBV( and what I have been told Denis Anderson said in Australia last
week).

Second the pesticide systemic seed problem is a REAL problem and not a CCD
ghost hunt.

> It would  take ten minutes just to lay out all the different theories.

I live in the real world of beekeeping. Not the world of hypothesis.

 I was told Jeff Pettis said in Australia that when all the SSDD was pulled
from the CCD claims only 10-15% could be considered real CCD. Real CCD is a
huge amount of eggs, larva and sealed brood and NO bees!

> But then, you have boiled it down to just one.

 At least you are paying attention!

> Obviously you must be right, since your source is "A French chap".

Big Ag has said that when Imidacloprid was outlawed in France the huge die
off continued. That my friend is a huge lie!

>what ever happened to proof?

What better proof than the above? Stop the Bayer chemicals and problem
stops!

I saw the results of systemic pesticides the last two years. The bright spot
is the bees will leave the corn pollen alone in my area *if* other sources
of pollen are available.

>. But then, only in a drought year, because the bees "stay away
from contaminated pollen".

If beekeepers are not in the corn belt they can go back to sleep. The
problem is REAL in areas of the Midwest. and a little crititism will not
stop my sharing information with beekeepers in the same boat as me.

>These guys have just as much right to earn a
living as you or I.

At my expense and at the loss of pollinators? Do we really need pesticide
treated seed to survive? Do we really need GMO corn?

Please get the 3 disc DVD set "GMO Trilogy" available at most better health
food stores. Why don't these documented stories make the news?

>I don't think a bee can tell whether pollen has traces
of pesticides in it; they will pick up just about kind of pollen, nutritious
or not.

I would say my hypothesis is a good as yours. This area is a basically an
unknown area which really needs research. It was amazing to me *this year*
to see bees flying over fields of systemic pesticide treated seed to get
pollen from Goldenrod or heartsease on the otherside of the field.

>But then, I haven't conducted "my own experiments"

I checked the corn fields every three days both last fall and this year. I
have got a whole notebook full of dates and times and what I observed.

Last fall the bees were working systemic seed treated pollen ( worst drought
in our area since 1936) and did poorly in winter and early spring. Only in
late spring did those hives rebound.

This fall I have not seen any bees (not once) working corn pollen and we
have got the best hives in five years. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not but I
am checking.

>. Come on, Bob. I hope your 5 minute presentation contains more than
"somehow I know" and I got it from a "French chap".

My five minute presentation would point out the futility of chasing the
virus angle!

I am going to put you on the spot Pete.

 Please explain what the solution to IAPV is?

We know all the normal things such as less stress, nutrition and building up
the immune systems. Give me a solution we have never heard of? The U.K.
researchers told us there was no cure other than taking better care of our
bees back when I saw CCD three years before Hackenberg and the U.K.
documented (sample sent) the problem virus related.

Many told Jeff Pettis the virus angle is a waste of time while he was in
Australia so hopefully he was listening! Several were friends of mine!

I have had direct contact with French beekeepers for a long time and none
have told me that when the Bayer products were pulled the massive die offs
continued. Not a single one!

Sure Bayer has its *briefcase* full of its *paid for* research but France
felt the only way to see if the products were really killing hives was a
ban. Bayer IS STILL banned from using those products in France. They are not
able to get a foot back in the door! Why not?

Thanks for your post Peter! I was beginning to think the list had fallen
asleep!

bob

--
believed to be clean.