From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:49:54 -0700
Allen's web pages have on imidacloprid have not been updated for awhile.
Don't get me wrong Allen, I am not complaining.  I can imagine how much work
it was, and I have noted where you said "your enthusiam for the project was
limited".  In fact I don't know where you get the time to do all the things
you do, and I am quite convinced that you are actually three different
people all using the persona of Allen Dick in cyberspace.

I would like to know what has been the result of the battles in France and
what happened in Holland.

>From a bee-l post:

>On the 13th of August 1999, the Dutch Government decided to withdraw all
>authorizations for the use of Imidacloprid in open-air conditions from 1st
>Jan. 2000. The reasons invoked were: the too long persistence in soils of
>the molecule with regard to European Standards, a intolerable toxicity vis a
>vis birds (A beet treated seed ingested by a bird the size of a sparrow was
>lethal), toxicity vis a vis bees did not conform to Uniform Principles.
>BAYER blocked the process notably by submerging the Dutch administration
>with "new scientific data". A decision is to be taken 1st Nov. 2000.

The Bayer web page seems indicate that it was reregistered. Is that correct?

I know that I should be able to access recent French developments from
Apiservices webpages, but I have been having a slow go with the translator
programs.

Regards,
Stan