From:
Jorn Johanesson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 18:52:41 +0200
-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]På vegne af John Mitchell
Sendt: 16. april 2000 13:04
Til: [log in to unmask]
Emne: Re: What's on a Sticky Board

In a message dated 4/15/00 11:47:09 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

Good suggestion for beekeeping classes. I'd travel a ways to learn how to
use
the screen insert and the gunk that falls underneath it to tell me what's
going on,

I think the use of sticky board are misunderstood. Special when it comes to
diagnostic!

Sticky board can be used to diagnostic the attach of Varroamites, but you
have to let it in for no more than three days, otherwise you will get all
the garbage too, that the bees normally carry out. Remember you have taken
that job away from the bees :-) When you diagnostic for varroa then use
oxalic acid to force the dropdown of mites.

visit my web on the following page to read more about using oxalic acid in
the fight of varroa.

http://apimo.dk/Varroa_report/varro-report.htm

best regards
Jorn Johanesson

EDBi = multilingual Beekeeping software since 1987
http://apimo.dk (USA)
http://home4.inet.tele.dk/apimo (Denmark)