From:
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 1994 13:47:54 -0700
My problem is the same as Adrian Wenner's, maybe worse.  I run statewide
research and educational programs and subscribe to three "professional"
lists.

Toggling among lists takes time.  I average 50-150 mail messages per day
from my statewide duties.  As such, I belong to the lumper class, one more list
and I will start dropping some.  I probably would not monitor a basic
beekeeping recreational list, yet I hate to not have beekeeper input.  I
don't see any reason why a beekeeper wouldn't have some interest in more
technical issues - after all, many earn their living this way.  As a
former rancher, I would not have passed up the opportunity to talk
directly to the researchers.  To date I haven't noticed anything so
technical that a beekeeper couldn't handle it with ease.  (Unless I am so
used to the jargon that I have lost touch with reality).

Basically, it may be the lazy approach, but one list makes more sense to
me than several.

Thanks

Jerry Bromenshenk
The University of Montana