From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2008 23:12:24 -0700
Bob Harrison
then honey flow with strong brood rearing for 7-8 months. By August those survivor bees were crashing from varroa.

Reply:
Hey Bob, my dear old friend, my bees are currently building best since 2004 now with last three years terrible drought. But like early 1990s and have been building up and recovering since April when I started serious workups, that brought Dean and Ramona out here for hardcore handson. By 1Oct when Broom hits for normally last big run, unless fairyduster kicks in, it will be 7-8 months of strong brood rearing. So shall see this year if the bees surviving from last years crash come thru. That's what I keep referencing I am waiting to see. Will they come thru the hard last summer/fall turn or not......In meantime taking honey now, and not waiting until fall like last year or year before. So it is now July and another 4 months to go to see how story plays out. But so far so good........and they are all 4-5 deeps fwiw old commercial style.

Dee A. Lusby