From:
Patrick & Mary Caldwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 21:06:05 -0800
Hi Greg...

Thanks for your post on the "honey is not vegan" web site.  As a vegetarian
(who eats dairy products and eggs AND honey!), I've never really understood
the vegan viewpoint on honey, and have thought it a bit extreme.  The web
site's author's opinion that honey is "bee barf" was just plain ridiculous,
although I found some of the other information quite interesting.  I wonder
how this person would feel if he/she couldn't get access to the fruits and
vegetables they are accustomed to because there weren't any honey bees to
pollinate them (since the author seemed to believe that honey bees weren't
important to the environment).  Oh well... there are a lot of unique
opinions out there...

Thanks for sharing the information...

Mary Caldwell
A newbee beekeeper in '98