From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 07:46:43 -0500
Aaron Morris recently took exception to my recent
tongue-in-cheek comments on the "World Honey Prices"
thread in regard to "hobbyist beekeepers".

Come, now - I gave more than adequate warning in
the very first paragraph that I was clearly NOT
being serious.

While I myself am very clearly a "hobbyist beekeeper,
(and am a similar "vertically integrated" producer/
marketer/retailer) like those who took exception to
the comments, I must admit to knowing of no other
possible term that could be used to describe the
counter-intuitive "business decisions" described by
the gentleman from Argentina, since they clearly are
not the actions of someone who wishes to make a profit.

There is no need to "defend" the "Hobbyist Beekeeper"
within the context of the "World Honey Prices" discussion.

No one has attacked.