From:
John Chesnut <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2017 14:15:50 -0400
An applicator permit number has been required to purchase non-trivial quantities of registered pesticides in California for decades.   Dadant and Mann Lake spend a lot of effort collecting this paperwork before shipping pesticide orders.

I believe the limit for MAQS is the 10 pack --- above that quantity the permit is required.      ApiGuard (Thymol) is not registered in Ca,  and there is no shipment even with the applicator permit number.

In SLO County,  the permits were available after an interview with the pesticide advisor at county ag.   They must be renewed annually.   Storage,  fire safety, and disposal were prime concerns of the Ag Advisors.     I have heard recently that due to hobby keeps attempting to secure the permits, the Ag Advisors have restricted their issuance to bona fide commercial operators.

-- JWC