From:
Steve Sweet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 2015 09:34:29 -0700
Exactly the point: "no responsible scientist considers a few studies to be
'conclusive evidence.'"  Yet, Congress seems to be potentially proposing to
ban neonics and send us back to the Dark Ages of pest management with
aerial applications of Furadan, Sevin and a whole slew of registered
organophosphates, carbamates, etc. in a knee-jerk, unproven, Precautionary
Principle response.

If a decision on the use of neonics is based on sound science, that's
ideal.  We will certainly all be in favor of that approach. However, if
this is nothing more than Congress pandering to a public that demands
cosmetically perfect food, yet there is no conception of the realities
behind the agricultural effort necessary to feed this horde, how does
society actually benefit?  We should be careful what we ask for; we just
might get it.

"Not later than 180 days after the date of the enactment of this Act,
...suspend the registration ... neonicotinoid insecticides to the extent
such insecticide is registered...
Pollinator Protection Act:
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr2692/text

Back to the original point: Where's the science behind the "Saving
America’s Pollinators Act?"

Show me the science.