From:
Mats Andersson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 09:29:34 +0200
Lloyd, thanks for describing the process of making liquid honey. I will try
this on a small scale.

I believe the Swedish customers are very aware that many of the healthy
ingredients in honey go away when it's heated over 42 degrees Celsius (107
F). Honey is viewed as an exclusive and very health-oriented product as
opposed to being just a delicious sweetener. If my customers knew that the
liquid honey i offered them was less healthy, they would want to pay a lower
price than for the creamed honey. Since making creamed honey is simpler, it
would obviously also be more economical.

You guys in the states should really educate your consumers to understand
the advantages of creamed honey. If stored the right way (not above room
temperature), it will  stay good for a very long time.

/Mats Andersson, Stockholm Sweden