From:
Casey Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 1994 07:51:38 -0800
Hi Blane!

The funny thing about the Varroa is that I did a fairly complete visual
inspection - including uncapping brood and looking at the cells under a
microscope - but it sounds like I should have also used the sticky board
method, as well.

If it was Varroa - here's a question (this is my first time dealing with
it): how does Varroa overwinter - is it overwintering in the one hive I
have left? Do they overwinter as eggs? Is this a weak point in their
biology that we could take advantage of?

Thanks!
Casey Burns