From:
Ted Wout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 15:48:09 -0400
 "Paul Cronshaw, D.C." <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>I have been frustrated with drowing bees in the Division Board Feeders.
How do I keep the bees from drowning in these sugar swimming pools?<<
I used to use division board feeders because they held so much (1 gal.) of
sugar water.  At first I was not amused about all the bees that were
drowning so I started floating pieces of wood, any wood that I found like
branches and scrap, or straw on top of the water.  That improved the odds
for the bees but still several drowned.  I finally got smart and started
using Boardman feeders.  I'll use two half gallon canning jars or 5 lb.
honey jars you can get from any supplier of bee equipment.  By putting two
Boardman feeders on the landing board you decrease the entrance size and
robbing isn't a problem.  So I don't wanna hear all the diatribe from
anti-Boardman feeder types<G>.  Anyone wanna buy five barely used division
board feeders?

Ted Wout
Red Oak, TX, USA