From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2011 10:30:43 -0500
Hello Allen, Karen & All,
I hate to see huge bee loss (but as a trouble shooter I have seen up to 100%
losses in many operations over the last few decades) and hope Allen will
decide to replace his bees.
The below is general information and not directed at Karen or Allen.

My first method of consultation is the same as for a death or divorce.
Life is looking forward with either left or right turns or full speed ahead.
Looking over your shoulder is no solution.
Look over the deadouts and attempt to figure in what areas you might have
done different and *might* have produced a different outcome.
Buy some bees for the boxes and start again.
I have stood with my fellow beekeepers at times when tears flowed, they
seemed faced with bankruptcy and the task before them seemed almost
impossible but once you start to rebuild then you start feeling better about
the situation.
Beekeeping today is a challenge.
I respect Allen for sharing his loss.
I have seen some heavy losses in my bees twice over the last few decades.
Both times I felt like giving up but experiencing a loss has a way of making
you a better beekeeper my opinion.
A large beekeeper friend is reeling from huge losses this spring. His first
since building from two hives to around 5000 colonies.
I am  still learning about honey bees after over fifty years/ I have gained
quite a bit of knowledge but still learning. If I can help with your bee
problems with advice I will.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Missouri