From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:11:23 -0700
The Tucson Bee Lab (USDA) had a few wooden frames with the cells formed of many
strips of thin aluminum, but the corrugated strips were laid at right angles to
the foundation (hope that is understandable), and also I believe there was a
foundation layer of aluminum. These frames were probably collected by Dr. Alan
Woodrow, Mr. Todd, or Mr. MacGregor, and were quite aged when I arrived on the
lab scene in 1964. Never saw them in action in a hive, but believe they were
designed to be dipped in wax before use. Suggest you save yours, at least for a
display.
   - John Edwards, Tucson