From:
curtis spacek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 21:26:27 -0600
This problem involving the use of apistan strips vs. mavrick in the USA
is certianly due to the producers of apistan having considerably more
influence (i.e. larger campaign contributions) than the producers of
mavrick.As apparent evidence consider the speed and ferocity of the
Texas government to silence one individual for merely discussing the use
of mavrick while crop dusters and farmers apply pesticides during bloom
phases routinely against label instructions with no action what so ever
taken by the government.As a matter of fact a beekeeper can't get the
time of day from the government much less enforcement of pesticide laws.
if you don't own your own politician you are definitely on your own.
from information read at this site it would be a very simple task to
produce an apistan strip if the label on the mavrick bottle listed the
proper dosage.the active ingredient is the same but then apistan
couldn't make such a rediculous profit.BUT since the ONLY supplier is
also the ONLY LICENSED DISTRIBUTOR they enjoy a very enviable position
in the market place.SO how much do you think a "sole distributorship"
would cost.What if a company like sue bee could gain a sole
distributorship for all honey sold commercially.all the beekeepers would
have to sell their honey only to sue bee who would in turn sell to the
retail market.the whole thing is purely hypethetical but worth
considering.
  to the poison police;I am not advocating,implying or encouraging the
illegal use of pesticides.I don't have any money,real estate,or anything
of value.however we would not hesitate to sue for mental anguish for
violation of constitutional rights to freedom of speech.there are too
many unemployed lawyers in the world and everyone needs to earn a
living.EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE WEALTHY.
   ALWAYS REMEMBER MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.FOLLOW THE MONEY TRAIL
AND IT ALWAYS LEADS TO SOME GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL OR CRIMINAL
ELEMENT.white water,water gate,government contracts,new football
stadiums,land developement deals,timber leases,oil leases,minority
quotas,bi-lingual education,mandatory auto insurance,H.M.Os,etc........
the list is endless all you have to do is OPEN YOUR EYES throw off the
blinders and
FOLLOW THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

    THERE IS ALWAYS THE REMOTE POSSIBILITY THAT I AM MISTAKEN AND ALL
PEOPLE HOLDING POLITICAL OFFICES ARE JUST HARD WORKING INDIVIDUALS
TRYING TO MAKE AMERICA A BETTER PLACE FOR EVERYONE.

                            "NOT"
then again maybe I just have a bad attitude due to a lousy
childhood.Hmmmmmm?