From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2008 12:22:16 -0400
Peter L. Borst wrote:
> Many years have passed since Dr. Wenner first proposed that honey bees
> do not use the "dance language" to find nectar sources, but rather,
> they follow odor cues.

One thing that Dr. Wenner brings to the table is civility and rational discussion. He has been a valued
contributor to this forum for years. Even though I an on the dance side of the issue, he has been supportive of
many different issues and helpful to many of us here on the BeeList.

His contributions are based on studies and an appreciation that different studies can arrive at different
conclusions and it is up to the parties to carry on a discussion to arrive at the truth, or at least what is
then assumed to be true. That seems to be currently lacking and I think that hurts his side of the argument.

But then, I knew it was going to happen since sharks cannot resist rising to the bait. Just instinct.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine