From:
bob harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:10:09 -0600
Vanessa de Behr wrote:

> Bill Truesdell wrote:
> > If you live on or near an organic farm and they keep animals, your bees
> have probably visited the manure piles
> Bob Harrison wrote:
> > I still live on a farm with a herd of livestock and have never seen a bee on a pile of dung.
Vanessa,
You MIGHT have found the reason. I own a rather large herd of llamas.
Yes llamas! The meningeal worm-Parelaphostronglus-is in the area because
of its host the white tail deer. I hate to worm so heavily but necessary
as meningeal worm is a death sentance for most llamas in its advance
stages. I use Ivermectin and then Fenbendazole in rotation and have
never had a llama with meningeal worm.
Have you as a Vet during the week ever seen a bee on a dung pile? With
the whole world looking we should be able to resolve this issue quickly!
Bob Harrison