From:
The Bankses <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 23:56:07 -0500
i had to laugh when i read your comment about how "nice" the bees are to
you.

i felt that same way when i started beekeeping five years ago, so i asked
the same question at our beekeeping meeting at the university.  one
experienced beekeeper laughed and asked if i was disappointed!!!!  it was
very funny.

actually, i understand that younger bees tend to be gentler (guess their
stinging apparatus is not fully developed), and also the time of the
season can make a difference in their aggression.  my "gentle" bees that
first year didn't disappoint me - it wasn't too long before i got my
first bee sting!

Wahkon