From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2008 08:29:33 -0700
Chris Slade asked:

> What was the source of 'unfermented pollen'?

Now you're really testing my memory, Chris!  I'll check.

You are absolutely right about foragers inoculating pollen in the field.
However, fermentation would require a degree of moisture along with some
warmth, and lactic acid fermentation a lack of oxygen.  It is unlikely that
pollen used in lab experiments would be have been stored under such
conditions.

Randy Oliver