From:
Rimantas Zujus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 20:45:01 +0200
----------
From:   Martin Braunstein
Sent:   Wednesday, January 07, 1998 1:54 AM
Subject:        Re: Feeding minerals, vitamins, etc.

Hello Rimantas Zujus,

I would appreciate your replying to a few questions (I placed them in CAPS inside your message) regarding Nosema control using your formulas.

A common question to the three treatments that you propose is:
How many treatments are necessary? How often do you repeat treatments? What quantity of medicine do you supply to each hive?

-WHEN YOU SPEAK ABOUT BRANDY, ARE YOU REFERRING TO THE ALCOHOL DRINK KNOWN
AS BRANDY?

WHAT SORT OF THING IS "SAINT-JOHN'S WORT"? (NEVER HEARD ABOUT IT)

Thanks a lot.

Martin Braunstein
Malka Cabania Apicola
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

----------
It's a pity my English is obscure.
I decided to add some explanations to the recent paper and to send it to the List again.

Rimantas

Every month we are invited to take a part in consulting meetings arranged by the beekeeper society of our town.
There is delivered a lecture on a "hot" topic by some professor of an agricultural school or an experienced beekeeper.
 We are suggested  to refuse chemical treatment and use natural means.
Here is some recipes to prevent Nosema. Should be used for winter feeding i.e. in the end of summer. Your bees store a sugar syrup with  a decoction of one of these plant.(Therefore your bees get treatment all the winter season using such meal) !!!

1.      Garlic.
Preparing of a decoction ("brandy" of water and a plant ) : Grate 80 gram of garlic and add 1 liter of boiling water. Wait 3-4 hours. Filter.

 Sugar syrup ratio for a colony feeding before winter season : 10 kg sugar +6 ltr water+750 gram (or 0.7 Liter) of decoction.

There is noticed an influence against varroa and moth when using such syrup often (by keeping garlic smell in a hive )

 2. Common Saint-John's-wort.(Hypericum perforatum L)
(Tupfel-Harteu, Johannisk-raut in German)

Preparing a decoction : 5 liter of water +(100-200) gram of