From:
Bill Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 18:18:56 -0500
Seems the amounts of sugar to water by weight is a problem for some.
For hobbiest beekeepers like myself I use a gallon milk jug which when
filled with water weighs 8 lbs.  If you have a ten pound bag of sugar, just
dump acouple of pounds out into some container.  Mix.  You have a one to
one mix.
Two jugs of water and a ten pound bag of sugar and a five pound bag.  Dump
a little water out and mix.
For a two to one mix, one gallon jug of water and a 5 and a 10 pound bag
of sugar.  Just dump a little water.  This is not rocket science.
For all you Metric people out there, you will have to help me out.

billy bee