Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2012 23:53:03 -0400
> For those of us with limited time, could you please give a ****brief****
>summary of what you've done and observed recently?

That is the intent of http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/files/drop.htm
It should provide a quick overview, in text and pictures.  That is considered
brief -- for me, at least.   Hope it is brief enough, without leaving out anything
important.

I'll be updating that page shortly with the last count of mites which accumulated
over the twenty-eight day period ending yesterday.  Other than pulling one hive,
nothing much has happened for the last six weeks or more.

I dropped back to weekly, bi-weekly and then monthly counts since there was
not much to count, but all drops are converted to daily equivalents and charted
as such so that the charts are immediately comprehensible.

The recent counts were 0,13, 8, 82, 18, and 2 for the 28-day period, and are thus
mostly under one a day.

I am not sure how many of the recent count were simply hung up in the lower
frames since treatment and and dislodged by recent bee activity.  I saw
some mites with a coating of white which I assumed to be oxalic acid dust.

I am not seeing any immature mites.

The hives are all strong except for Number One, which was weak and was pulled
from the test group in hopes of saving it and another hive I combined it with
(without newspaper).