From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 09:15:55 -0700
>But if you take Russian hives to TX,  they don't suddenly change there
habits,  not do Italians in AK.  Why?  Because they don't adapt.  They
either survive or die.  They do not change there habits.

Actually, there is no basis in biological observation to support the above
statement.  Darwin pointed out the immediate adaptation of many species to
changes in their environment.  For example, animals moved to colder
climates grow longer hair than they normally would.  That observation alone
puts the lie to the argument.

>If there was any truth to "local adaptation" Africinized bees would
unstoppable as they learned to adapt to cold.

As they did when the invaded Europe as the ice sheet retreated, and then
adapted into regional races.

>Just my thoughts,  a bit frustrated with some terms.

The terms have specific biological, genetic, and epigenetic meanings.  It
can be frustrating when they are applied without understanding.
--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA