From:
Greg Hankins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 10:42:37 -0400
Ron Bogansky asks about "runny" propolis.

I don't have much insight, but thought I'd throw another propolis
observation into the discussion. In the home yard hives I keep here in
Piedmont NC I consistently have a striking variation in the type of
propolis collected from hive to hive. More than half of my hives collect a
gray-colored propolis while the remainder collect something that is very
bright red. There's very little overlap. Hives are either red or gray and
they are all in the same beeyard!

Greg

Greg Hankins                    Happy Hank's Honey House
[log in to unmask]                 Mt. Gilead, North Carolina