From:
Eugene Makovec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2013 20:44:33 -0500
"The market for bees is self regulating.  A shortage of bees could cause a
temporary setback for the almond industy, but a real disaster for beekeepers
would be a glut of bees that would drive the pollination price to the floor.
An over supply of bees would put many of us out of business."

Unless we can find a new use for our product, like the corn farmers did with
ethanol, and then persuade the government to mandate that use. But then,
isn't that the real problem with corn? This far-as-the-eye-can-see
monoculture is more about misguided environmental, energy and farm policy
than it is about feeding the world.

Eugene Makovec
Missouri USA