From:
"Steven A. Creasy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 14:09:22 EST
Tim Kelsey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I have some old shallow supers that will need foundation this year, and
>because of the discussion on Bee-L I'd like to use plastic.  But with
the
>exception of Duragilt, plastic foundation for shallow supers seems to be
>non-existent.  Pierco only makes deep and medium. Mann Lake carried
shallow
>Permadent last year, but no longer list it in their catalog.

Look  inside of your Mann Lake catalog (Page 24 of the '96 catalog) and
see if there is a distributer close to you.  The one I use still has
shallow permadent availble from last year.

My experience with Duragilt has been negative.  The bees ate the wax down
to the plastic sheet and would not draw it out again.  I have several
frames that have about 1/ 3 of the comb gone.  I plan to use permadent
this year with hopefully better results.

Good luck!

Steve Creasy-                           (\
Maryville, Tennessee USA   {|||8-
Proverbs 24:13, 25:16            (/