From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 20:33:01 -0700
At 09:46 PM 8/5/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Just one more reason to keep the border between Canada and the U.S.A
>closed. No doubt that will bring howls of anguish!

Is this one of those anguish howls you asked for?

Is it boarder really "closed"? You could not prove it by me other then in
the spring my neighbors don't  have any Canadian beekeepers that they have
to pay while training them on which end of the hive tool is up. One thing
about them you don't have to teach em how to light a smoker you just have
to have good fire insurance on your bee hives and trucks.

You could never tell that the boarder was closed from this advantage point
judging by the amount of Canadian honey and sometime honey that is not
Canadian shipped from Canada that is in our markets, or the nice made in US
bee equipment that is helping move bees and extract honey in Canada. As for
the marketing of bees and queens it is nice to know that the Canadian
beekeeper can pay what they are paying to fly them in from the other side
of the world so if the boarder ever does open the US bee breeder can start
to make some real money.

But you are right keep that boarder closed so if and when you ever need to
pasture your bees south of it or want to make some pocket money pollinating
crops this side of the boarder you can but you can't take your bees home,
that's to bad.

It always is nice to know how our brother beekeepers who wanted so much to
be US trading partners are happy when a new bee disaster hits their
neighbors. Gosh I sure hope the Mexican honey crop is big this year so the
price drops to new lows so the Canadian honey producer has to eat their own
honey. You know if we could close the US boarder to all honey imports US
honey would be hard to find, now that makes sense.

In any case I am sure the closing of the boarder which is a one way closure
has hurt more Canadian beekeepers then US beekeepers judging from the
number of failed bee operations in Canada since it was closed and if that's
the way Canadian beekeepers want it then who are we in the US to object.
Every bee man should have the right to fail, its the democratic way, and if
they can make laws to speed the process up more powder too em.

ttul, the OLd Drone
for the Killer Bee's & Worm's
visit the award winning web site
http://beenet.com