From:
Elroy Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 16:33:51 -0500
Aaron Morris wrote:

> I have not decided how to handle things when I am away.  I can easily
> set everyone to NOREVIEW (preapproval) when I am away.  However, as long
> as I am at the helm BEE-L will ALWAYS "be a place where beekeepers can
> exchange ideas freely...?"

Okay can I give a suggestion, leave everyone to NOREVIEW  if some one sends
an email that are too long and repetitive send them a warning. If they do
it  again set them to REVIEW for a month. Afterwards they can join the rest
of us to NOREVIEW. You can always put them right back on REVIEW if they
continue in there erroneous ways. Don't put us all in beekeepers
kindergarten. I post a lot of time at night so if I am set to review the
post may not get posted until the next day, which maybe no fault of my own .

Since you said yourself you have no wish to be moderator, this could save
you a lot of time reading a lot of post that wouldn't be necessary. Also
others on the list could help by sending you an email that someone posted
that wasn't appropriate.

I am afraid once you start down the path of moderator your going to get a
lot of complaints and request to stop someone else from posting.

> > ... maybe these top notch beekeepers don't like being questioned
> > by peons like me....
>
> If they can't take the heat they'll get out of the kitchen.
> Unfortunately, many have.  And you should really do something about your
> self image problem ;)

I can see you can keep your sense of humor through this.

Elroy