From:
Dave from Scranton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 1997 23:25:03 -0500
On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Robert Watson wrote:

> I wrote a while ago about getting stung several times in my left hand
> while hiving a swarm, this May.
> My hand swelled up rather large, and by the next day the swelling was
> going up my arm.
> I was convinced by some people that I should get some medical help.
> I was give Prednisone.
> The swelling went down eventually - I wondered if the drug made any
> difference.

        Prednisone is a steroid, it reduces swelling. I got some last
September when I got stung in the vein in my wrist. The swelling started
up my arm and the next day my wrist was 4 times its normal side. I decided
to go to the hospital at that point. I got stung twice after than with no
problem.

Dave D. Cawley, Maitre d' |
The Internet Cafe         |
Scranton, Pennsylvania    |