From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:05:58 -0500
Hello Dee & All,

>>So what has AHB become them, the new nomenclature or
simplistic word for nothingmore then hot bees...

In short researchers have defined the genes which cause aggression in the
AHB. DNA can put a label on AHB. Other countries do not want those genes. In
order to import a queen into Australia the queen is tested by DNA to make
sure not a percent is AHB.

Arizona has no inspection and is a wide open state. If inspections come
things could become interesting.

Florida was a wide open state in many ways until Jerry Hayes ( Marshal
Dillion) arrived. Look what he turned up? Does the list really believe all
those AHb hives came in the year found.
If you do I have got some oceanfront property in Missouri for sale!
Jerry Hayes (Marshal Dillion) offered Bob Harrison (Big Iron) a job helping
clean up the state! I do not ride as fast as I used to or shoot as straight
so I declined the job.

>>...but is this fair to those living in so-called AHB territory if they
have never seen the so-called changes in behaviour in their hives?

You are in a remote desert area already considered by the USDA and the bee
lab to be totally africanized. The lab reports (and shows slides at
meetings) of AHb taking over hives. If you say you see no problems then I
stand with you as I respect you and your word.

>>...this fair trade practice to beekeepers in so-called AHB areas if they
then cannot practice business/farming as normal

The Weavers practice business/ farming as normal so should you especially in
a remote area.  I believe three counties surrounding their apiaries are
considered AHB but I have been told the AHB respect the county line and do
not cross over. The AHb workers keep the drones in line! The AHb drones know
the virgin queens of Weavers are off limits!

I have seen plenty of hot and upset bees through the years. AHB is not a big
deal to me but I can understand the concern of the townspeople. Grandfather
clause or not they can rid the town of a nuisance with legislation.

Reed Booth and I see AHB in the same humorous vein. A few reviews of his
book from the cover:

"Educational and just plain fun, I had a blast reading it!" ...Authors best
friend

" Brilliant and way cool!".. Authors sister

"In my opinion the best bee book ever written" Author

"I adored it! It tickled me all over" Author's wife

With unbiased reviews like the above how can one resist purchasing the AHB
book!

Published and distributed by :
Reed's Apiary
Po. Box 658