From:
dan hendricks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 00:59:58 -0800
People who keep patties with TM on the hive whenever
extracating supers are not installed (like me) have to
keep their heads down because so many vociferous
people are trying to make us feel sinful.  One knock
on the practice is that the bees do not get enough TM
fast enough to preclude undermedicating.  Be advised
that adding a goodly amount of honey - your own, of
course - will cause the bees to consume the patties at
a good rate, including those on the top brood box as
well as between boxes.  I use at least two tablespoons
in 1/8# crisco from which I make two patties.   Dan