Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2010 09:40:19 -0700
> Jerry said "And, before anyone goes off on another rant against migratory
> beekeepers - we're looking at the possibility that the two-pathogen
> complex is relatively common; maybe hiding as a covert infection, among
> U.S. bee operations, with some external factor (we suspect weather,
> especially wet/damp) triggering expression."
>
> This is also consistent with my claims that the feedlot methods exacerbate
> the issue by spreading the pathogen efficiently.

Simply repeating a suspicion (rant?) and linking a pet idea to everything
regardless of actual content does not assist us in understanding CCD.

The quote immediately above  would actually seem to argue *against* that
somewhat tenuous and oft-repeated thesis, rather than  prove it.

I understand Jerry to be saying that the causative agents are suspected to
be endemic and that climactic conditions appear to be a or the trigger.
THAT may be what gives the illusion of contagion and the clusters observed.

Nothing is said about beekeeping practices.

In fact, all sorts of operations, from the most Simon-pure stationary
isolated organic 'natural' operations to the most promiscuous truck-driving
pollination whores  are experiencing this disorder, so let's give it a rest,
OK?